Call Us Now
+1 (587)-333-9000
Make An Appoinment Now


If your temporary status in Canada (e.g. your study permit) has expired and you did not apply for an extension before the expiry date, you must apply to restore your status within 90 days of the expiry date if you want to stay in Canada. This process is known as restoration of status.

Who can apply:

You may apply if:
  • You lost your temporary resident status (e.g. as a student) because you remained in Canada longer than the period authorized for your stay, but not longer than 90 days
  • You continue to meet the initial requirements for your stay and have not failed to comply with any other conditions imposed

Who can apply:

You may apply if:
  • Apply for restoration and an extension of your study permit online
  • Pay the $150.00 CAD study permit extension fee and the $200.00 CAD restoration fee
  • On your application, you must provide full details of all the facts and circumstances