Call Us Now
+1 (587)-333-9000
Make An Appoinment Now

Study permit consultant in Calgary

Canada is one of the best places for higher studies and the country attracts thousands of students each year from all over the world. Canada universities provide world class education which are recognized globally and research is considered one of the key components of any graduate course. The universities support students who come out with best research ideas and scholarships are provided according to the research work. Here are also some other reasons to study in Canada:

  • Affordable Education
  • Innovative and Abundant Research Opportunities
  • Immigration Possibilities
  • Exciting Campus Lifestyle
  • Healthy and Safe Communities
  • Work and internship opportunities for international students while they study

Student Visa And Dependents:

A foreign national on a Canada student visa in Canada can bring their spouse and dependent children to Canada. The spouse can also apply for an open work permit and even work as a Canadian employer for the time the study visa of their partner is valid. However, if the spouse wants to study in Canada, they will have to apply for a separate study visa.

Student visa holders can also bring their dependent children to Canada. The children can stay for the duration till their study visa is valid in Canada. Minor children can pursue their school education in the country provided that their parents are either working or studying. The child must be below the age of 22. Children above 22 years who are not financially independent due to a physical or mental condition are also considered as dependents.

Post Study Work Options

The Canadian government offers options for international students to stay after their course and gain some work experience. The Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) provides the Post-Graduate Work Permit Program. Under this program, international graduates can get an open work permit valid for three years. With this permit Canadian employers can work for any employer without the need of having a job offer before making an application.

Medical Tests for Canadian Student Visa?

The examination of an individual’s health is administered by a panel of physicians pre-approved by IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) specifically for Canadian Immigration purposes. This ensures that an individual is not denied immigration status on medical grounds. Moreover, it includes the individual’s medical examination along with a physical test. Such tests allow the physician to determine whether the candidate is medically fit for the Canadian population. In case, the results are unable to provide the required information, candidates are referred to specialists for further testing.

When to get your Medical Test done?

You have the choice to apply for your medical test before or after you apply for your visa.

Getting the test before you submit your application

If you apply for the medical test before you submit your application, it will be called an Upfront Medical Exam. You can get this test if you are applying to:

  • Work
  • Study
  • Visit (including parent and grandparent visa)

Getting the test after submitting your application

If you apply for the test after submitting your application you will be sent instructions regarding how you should get your medical test done. You must get your test done within 30 days of receiving these instructions.

Essential Requirements

On the day of your medical test, a physician will be authorized by the IRCC and the following will be expected from you:

  • Eyeglasses or contact lenses, if you wear them.
  • A document for identification, generally, passport is the most accepted form of identity proof.
  • Test results or medical reports related to current or previous medical condition which is still in your possession.
  • In case you are unable to be part of an upfront medical exam, the IRCC sends the medical form to you.
  • You are required to bring 4 recent photographs if the panel physician doesn’t use eMedical.